Monday, January 30, 2012

Deadline Is Today!

If this is your first time here, read part one first and then come back to this post.

Ready for the update?  Ok, last week we were still under $2,000.  Thanks to several small donations, and one $1,000 check (can you freaking believe that?!) we're at just about $3,000.  That's awesome!  $3,000 in just four weeks!  If we could do this every month we'd be adopting babies year 'round!  But, as great as $3,000 is, it's still short of our $10,000 goal.  Think we can raise the rest in one day?  I truly believe that we can.  Let me show you how.

I email the link to this blog to about 200 people each week.  And each week I'm sure a few people pass that email along.  In the past month, 527 people have actually visited this blog.  That's exciting!  But we've only received donations from a total of 19 families.  I understand that each person may not be in a position to participate right now.  But for those who are, we can do something huge here!  If you're one of the 508 people who've read this blog but haven't yet had a chance to donate, I need you to search your house, your car, your laundry, whatever, and come up with $13.78 and get a check in the mail right now.  You don't even have to finish reading.  You need to get out there before the mailman comes!  $13.78.  That's it.  Why $13.78?  Because if we can get each of the 508 people who've seen this blog but haven't gotten involved yet, to send $13.78, we can raise $7,000 in ONE DAY!  That will put us at $10,000 total.  Then Emily and I are going to pile $10,000 on top of that and give Matt and Lisa a surprise that will likely have them laid out on the floor.

So, you still have TODAY, January 31st.  I think I've done everything I know how to do.  I've pleaded and begged.  I've cajoled.  I've double-dog dared.  All in an effort go get as many people on board as possible.  It's up to you know.  Email this blog to your friends while they still have time to get involved.  If you live locally you can bring Emily a check any time before Sunday night.  Any money that we receive by this weekend will be added to the total and doubled.  If you planned to donate but can't make it to the mailbox right now, email me to make other arrangements.  We're going to include any money we can get before Sunday night when we reveal the whole thing to Matt and Lisa!

For instructions on how to give, visit part one of this blog and scroll to the bottom.

Also, visit Lisa's blog to check out her latest, very cool, adoption project.

No comments:

Post a Comment